Finding a job in Canada can be challenging, and finding your best match is even more difficult. However, the Canadian government has launched a portal through which finding and applying for a Canadian job has become much more manageable. The portal through which you can find a job in Canada is known as Jobbank.gc.ca. In this article below, we will discuss how you can use Job Bank Canada.
Open a search engine and type job bank Canada and click search.
In the search bar given, type the kind of job you want. For example, if you wish to apply for a farmer’s job, write a farmer, and click “search.”
There are also a variety of filters that can help you narrow down your options. These filters include:
- Province/regions (if you want a job in a particular area in Canada you can select it in this filter)
- Date it was posted
- Salary (you can select the Salary range you prefer)
- Years of experience (you can select from the option you have to offer)
- Hours of work( you can choose whether you want a full time or part-time job)
- Education or training (you can specify your education in this filters)
- Language at work (if you are fluent in English you can specify it here)
- Employment groups (if you are a foreigner, you must select “newcomer” in this filter.
- Benefits (health benefits, and financial benefits)
- Top job categories (you can also select a job category from this filter if you find the one you want)
- Employment conditions (what shifts you prefer)
After selecting the filters, click on search, and your screen will display a vast number of Canadian jobs related to your search from which you can choose the ones you like.
When you open a job ad, it contains a lot of information about the job that is being offered, including:
- Its location
- The salary package the employer is offering.
- Its Job type
- Number of shifts
- Benefits the employer is offering along with the salary package.
- Number of Vacancies available
- Job requirements that you need to fulfill
- Duties and responsibilities of the job
- Work conditions and work setting
- Last date for applying
- How you can contact the employer
After going through all of the job specifications, click on “how to apply” to find out about the job application process.