Electronic Travel Authority Visa for Australia
It is the type of Australian visitor Visa that is also known as subclass 601. According to the Australian government, this Visa does not require you to label or stamp your passport. Moreover, you can obtain this Visa from airlines and travel agents, which mean you, do not have to visit the Australian Diplomatic office for submission. The process duration varies and you must check whether your application has been submitted or not within the next 12 hours. Electronic Travel Authority Visa for Australia can be used for:
- Visit friends and family
- Have a holiday
- Undertake some business visitor activities
The department of immigration and citizenship of Australia accesses your online application. You can get an application form electronically by a computer system operated by this department.
Visa Application Processing
The process of visa application is very convenient. It is quick and straightforward.
- First, you have to fill in all your details on the online application form.
- Your details must match the information on your passport
- Then you have to enter your credit card information
- The last is to submit your application, and it will be processed instantly.
When you reach the airport to board a flight, further details are assessed electronically. The staff members of the airport verify your check-in detail and give you confirmation that you are allowed. The average time for application processing is 24 hours.
Sub types of ETA Visa
The ETA visa has two sub types. The type you choose and apply for depends on your purpose of visiting.
- Visitor ETA
- Short Validity Business VTA
The explanation of both types is given bellow
1. Visitor ETA
This kind of ETA visitor visa is suitable for people who want to visit Australia:
- Meet friends and family
- For tourism
It is valid for a maximum of 1 year. You can stay for up to 3 months for each time you visit within this 12 months duration. You are allowed to enter multiple times; however, you cannot work in Australia.
2. Short Validity Business ETA
To check in on your business matters, you do not have to get a business immigration visa. You can choose another option that is an SVB ETA visa. It is suitable for people who want to go to Australia for business purposes. However, you cannot work in Australia with this Visa. It strictly forbids employment. It is not a work permit. Just like Visitor ETA
- You are allowed to stay for up to 3 months
- Validity is 12 months
- Multiple entries are permitted within one year
Eligibility for Australian Visit Visa
You are eligible to apply if:
- You must not be in Australia while applying
- It would be best if you are not in Australia when it is granted
- You are visiting as a tourist or a business person
- Your passport must be authentic and valid
- You are willing to comply with the terms set for this Visa
- Tourism activities are limited to holiday, visiting friend or family, or recreational activities.
- Diplomatic and an official passport holder are not allowed to apply
- You must not have a criminal record
- You must be free from any infectious diseases or tuberculosis
- It would be best if you did not have any debts that you have to pay to the government of Australia
- If you have to take someone with you, each person must have an individual ETA visa.
- Business or work activities are limited to
o Making general business inquiries,
o Official government-related activities,
o The investigation, signing, renewing or negotiating an existing or new business contract,
o Participating in exhibitions, seminars or conferences, and business fairs, unless you are not receiving any payment
If you find difficulty in accessing the online application form, you can submit a form in person. You can submit your application to an airline, a travel agent, or a specialist service provider. The office you choose must not be inside Australia. Not every country’s citizen is permitted this Visa, check to see if your country is allowed before applying.